Train the Trainer
Train the Trainer
We specialise in bespoke ‘train the trainer’ courses for designated safeguarding officers/ safeguarding leads, safeguarding champions and cascade training for all levels of your organisation. ‘Train the trainer’ courses can stand alone or delivered using bespoke safeguarding training packs.
These train the trainer courses are special and allow the participants to examine, reflect and develop skills in the emotional content of being specialist safeguarding trainer within your organisation. It also gives participants an excellent grounding in learning styles, as well as using creative and interactive methods.
- Demonstrate the skills to facilitate safeguarding training
- Understand the need to use blended learning methods including virtual platforms, face-to-face and reflective learning
- Incorporate a user led perspective into their training.
- Reflect on their skills as trainers specially focused upon safeguarding and make adjustments to their delivery technique to meet the learning styles of their audience.
- Being a competent trainer with an understanding of the learning cycle, group processes, participant’s needs and techniques for preparation.
- Use of creative methods to facilitate safe and inclusive group work, including awareness of emotional component of safeguarding training.
- Using creativity to involve participants and facilitate group work.
- Present the material in an effective way ensure the subject matter and training materials are used effectively for a safe group process.
- How to respond to the subject matter and any issues raised by participants.
- Have the knowledge to respond to / and answer to questions.
- Have the ability to signpost to relevant websites, documents and legislation.
- Develop an ongoing action plan for their own future development as safeguarding facilitators.
- Enhance existing training skills.
- Understand how to incorporate training material into other courses delivered.
Additional Learning Outcomes:
- Prepare and work with a bespoke user led safeguarding children/adults at risk training packs.
- Identify issues and benefits of co-delivering training learning styles.
- Effective learning and managing group dynamics.
- Co training, processes, roles.
- Presentation skills and creative delivery methods.
- Adapting and personalising bespoke training packs.
- Develop an action plan to apply learning to professional practice.